Per the track's facebook page, this is just a tentative winter schedule. A complete schedule will be released soon.
Things I noticed immediately were:
- Only 1 race in April. 3 open weekends still available
- 2 races in August, 3 open weekends still available
- Jeep/WMMR and Misfits 4x4 shows not listed, yet?
- Only 5 Poker races. I thought it was previously 5 events AND the Wildcard Weekend? Personally they need to somehow incorporate a "Joker" theme.
- KotBB is the same weekend as 2 SDS races which are against Deyo's Fonda 200 weekend, and also the raindate for the 76er. Personally I hope if the 76er utilizes the raindate, Bport uses their raindate of Sunday to avoid further complications.
- No Super Late Models or 3 for ALL. Not surprising after the SLM competitor count in 2018. It was a GREAT race watching Whaley sling that car, but the field was just large heat race. That's a shame. The USAC 360's are running another night.
- winged 600's on the 3/8ths on USAC night. In 2018, they seemed to be running with their tongues out so to speak. The track just seemed to be a little too big.
Personal Wish List:
- Run Whatcha Brung. if not the 5/8ths then definitely on the 3/8ths.
- 4-12's. Overall best finishes get a "Poker Card"
- Figure something out with Deyo. There needs to be more events to draw the "invaders"
- Bring back the original George I. Wingate Classic. 50 laps with no BS.
The potential for so much more is there. Looking forward to 2019 at my "home."